I have been so blessed and grateful for the opportunity to be the lead instructor for a 200 hours yoga teacher training and to create Choose2be yoga school. It has been amazing to spend 8 weekends with these 12 beautiful beings, like Yi-Shan, and also incredible to have 15 different instructors to come lead part of the training. It was alreadyIt has been a really rich and amazing journey in so many different ways. This Spring 2019 YTT was the second YTT that Choose2be had offered and had already improved so much from Spring 2018 YTT. Stay tune to see the headline and details from Spring 2020 YTT.
Part of the participants homework was to write an essay on the topic of their choice and they were aware that I would be posting it on my website. We also did an exercise in the first weekend to create a life affirmation and core desire feeling, I invited them to share it with us. I am so humbled and touched that I got to support these amazing beings on part of their journey and I am looking forward to witness how life unfolds for them.
Yoga brings harmony in life and peace of mind. Shariri (the soul) is master of the body and sharira (the body) is the temple of the soul. Yoga advocates healthy vegetarian food and exercises (method of postures called asana). Asana postures are based on and accomplished by the strength and health of the body. The breathing practice (Pranayama) of the physical body influences the spiritual body. Breathing meditation can calm down the mind, get rid of the shackles of the senses, control the energy of life and ultimately concentrate the mind.
(1)Chakra Yoga Teacher’s Manual, Pyramid Yoga Center, Koh phangan, Thailand P.131, P.203
(2)Monier-Williams, A Sanskrit Dictionary (1899)
(3)Anodea Judith’s Chakra Yoga, Anodea Judith,Ph D (2018)
Make sure you check everyone YTT essay:
- Stress in our life and how Yoga can support us, by Georgina.
- The importance of daily practice for teachers, by Matthew.
- The healing power of sound, by Melissa.
- The third eye chakra, by Aria.
- Indigenize your practice, by Ivy.
- To mirror or not to mirror: evoking the mind/muscle connection in yoga by Hilary
- How I let yoga and spirituality into my life, by Jana.
- The ebb and flow of conscious breath in our daily life, especially with yoga practice, by Deborah.
- Savasana also called Corpse pose, by Deborah.
- Pause. Definition: a temporary stop, rest or hesitation, by Samantha.
- The imprint of this life and past life is finally free from pain, by Yi-Shan.
- Getting Grounded, by Robin.
- Take a Break…meditate, by Danica.
- A spiritual journey through Western and Easter Medicine, by Kendra.
- Yoga far Eastern connection, by Chitose.
- Grief to empowerment: a personal yogic journey, by Cate.
- Mind over matter for the modern yoga, by Genevieve.
- Doing a Yoga Teacher Training at 19 years old, by Courtney.