Training created especially for candidates who work with clients on an individual or small group basis and design exercise programs for improved fitness and health.
Personal Training is a fast growing industry!
Next certification dates:
Sunday’s 8:30-4:30 with a quick 30 minutes break for lunch.
Total of 25 hours over 2 weekend.
I also offer tutoring for 50$ an hours to prepare you to get ready for the exam and make sure you will be successful. Contact me to have more information and to schedule firstname.lastname@example.org
To register click here: https://canfitpro.com/en/certification/certifications/pts
Personal training is a rapidly growing profession, which can make it difficult to sort through the options and choose the best avenue to become qualified to train clients. canfitpro provides the answer with the Personal Training Specialist (PTS) certification. You will learn the foundational skills necessary to confidently and competently train apparently healthy individuals. A canfitpro certified PTS is qualified to assess, design, and deliver individual and small group training programs in a health club, home, and workplace setting.
Canada’s leading personal training certification designation, the canfitpro Personal Training Specialist program provides comprehensive program content and a wide range of practical skills that will ensure success to those who hold the designation. canfitpro has collaborated with Human Kinetics Publishing Inc. to create a multimedia learning experience for personal trainers that is second to none!
The Personal Training Specialist Course
The PTS course is a comprehensive in-class and online course designed to increase your knowledge and confidence level to train clients in a one-on-one or small group (2-3 people) setting. The course consists of on-line and in-class learning. The online learning resource has been developed to provide an excellent online learning experience covering topics such as anatomy, biomechanics, and physiology. The comprehensive 25 hours in-class course covers a wide range of topics preparing you for the exams and the career of a personal trainer!
- Aspects of fitness, wellness and basic training principles
- Nutrition and bioenergetics
- Cardiorespiratory, skeletal, and muscular system anatomy and function
- Flexibility, mobility, and fascia
- Passive and dynamic assessments
- Periodized program design and delivery
- The business of personal training
The Personal Training Specialist Course Manual
The course manual, Foundations of Professional Personal Training Second Edition, was published in 2016 by Human Kinetics Publishing Inc. Content was provided by industry experts including Dr. Gregory Anderson, Dr. Brad Schoenfeld, Chris Frederick, Chad Benson, Brian Justin, Mark Stone, and Rod Macdonald. Contained within is the most up to date information on current topics including static and dynamic postural assessments, fascia and program design, to go along with the more traditional topics of anatomy, exercise physiology, biomechanics, and bioenergetics.
The course manual, Foundations of Professional Personal Training Second Edition, is available in both hardcopy or ebook formats and comes with access to a complete online course and web resource where you will find a video library and forms that you can download and use for your own business.
The Personal Training Specialist Exam
We recommend that candidates attempt the theory exam approximately three (3) weeks after taking the course. This time frame is recommended in order to allow candidates to properly prepare for the exam. Those who choose the option to progress and become a certified Personal Training Specialist will complete a theory and practical exam. These two components assess the candidate’s theoretical knowledge, rapport building skills, and practical application of fitness theory to train clients. The theory exam consists of multiple choice questions, plus a written client case study. The practical exam is an actual workout with a client that is evaluated by your PRO TRAINER.
PTS study prep course has been soft launched
Here is the information you might want to know:
- The new PTS Study Prep course is designed to help students pass their theory exam, which will help them on their way to certification. It is an online course offered through interactive.
- It is not meant to replace a live course, and a live course is mentioned to be their best chance for success.
- It is not replacing the HK learning resource, as that teaches students the concepts. Our Study Prep guides them through the process of studying for the theory exam.
- It cannot be completed without the course manual, as everything references back to the book. The course is meant to help students go through the manual and review the content.
- It is available for purchase online at registration or by calling member experience. It is currently available for purchase online at registration, but students will not have access until the end of March when it is launched.
- It has over 150 quiz questions (separated by chapter), videos, flashcards, case studies, two mock exams consisting of 25 m/c questions and 10 s/a.
- It does not have any questions or answers in the 2019 theory exams. Any questions have been checked to make sure they are different to the exams.
- If a student asks you about this product, please refer to email@example.com