Getting healthy, nourishing food for your kids can be a challenge. As a parent, you want to provide your children with tasty, nutritious snacks that are easy to make and fit within your budget. For years, many parents have turned to pre-packaged granola bars like Cliff bars as a go-to snack option. However, the packaging waste and added vitamins have caused some parents to reconsider this choice.
As a result, many parents are now exploring homemade granola bar recipes. The benefits of making your own granola bars are numerous, including the ability to control the ingredients, reduce waste, and save money. After experimenting with various recipes, I have found a no-cook granola bar recipe that is simple, quick, and loved by my kids. In this post, I’ll share my recipe and the steps you can follow to make your own.
Ingredients for Easy No-Cook Granola Bars:
- 3 cups of oats
- 1 cup of peanut butter or any nut butter of your choice
- 1/2 cup of honey or other sweetener like maple syrup or agave
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup of sunflower seeds
- 1 cup of raisins
- 4 tablespoons of flax seeds
- 4 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- Grind the Oats To start, add the oats to a blender or food processor and grind them into a powder. This step is optional but will help to create a smoother consistency in the bars.
- Process the Seeds and Raisins Next, combine the pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, raisins, flax seeds, and chia seeds in a food processor. This step will make the seeds and raisins smaller and easier to incorporate into the bars.
- Mix the Ingredients Add the peanut butter and honey to the food processor with the seeds and raisins mixture. Slowly add the ground oats until the food processor can no longer process the mixture. Finish mixing the ingredients by hand in a separate bowl.
- Add Chocolate Chips Once the ingredients are mixed together, add the chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Press into a Pan Line a baking sheet or pan with wax paper, then pour the mixture onto the pan. Use your hands to spread the mixture evenly and a rolling pin to compress the mix as flat and tight as possible.
- Freeze and Serve Place the pan in the freezer for a few hours until the mixture hardens. Once the mixture has hardened, remove it from the freezer, cut it into desired bar sizes, and wrap them individually. The bars can be stored in the fridge or freezer and are a great snack for on-the-go or lunchboxes.
By making your own granola bars, you can customize the recipe to fit your taste preferences and nutritional goals. Plus, you’ll be able to reduce waste and save money by eliminating pre-packaged options.
If you’re in Vancouver Island or Nanaimo, be sure to source your ingredients locally to support local farmers and reduce your carbon footprint. You can also try swapping out ingredients to make the recipe your own. For example, use almond butter instead of peanut butter, or dried cranberries instead of raisins.
In conclusion, making your own no-cook granola bars is a simple and cost-effective way to provide your children with healthy snacks that they’ll love. This recipe is easy to make, requires no cooking, and is customizable to fit your needs. Give it a try and let me know your thoughts
Make sure you check the other recipes I have to offer you: