No-Bake Peanut Butter Cake, Healthy And Almost Raw!
Are you looking for a healthy and delicious dessert that doesn’t require an oven? Look no further than this no-bake peanut butter cake recipe! Made with wholesome ingredients like rolled oats, almonds, bananas, and organic peanut butter, this cake is both nutritious and satisfying. Plus, it’s easy to make and perfect for sharing with friends and family.
Benefits of the Ingredients
- Rolled oats are a good source of fiber, protein, and vitamins, and help keep you full for longer. They also add a crunchy texture to the cake.
- Almonds are a great source of healthy fats, fiber, and protein. They can help reduce inflammation and improve heart health.
- Bananas are rich in potassium, fiber, and vitamins. They can help regulate blood sugar levels, improve digestion, and support heart health.
- Organic peanut butter is a good source of protein, healthy fats, and vitamins. It can help reduce the risk of heart disease and promote healthy weight management.
- Maple syrup or unpasteurized honey are natural sweeteners that add flavor to the cake without the need for refined sugar.
- Coconut oil is a healthy fat that can boost brain function, improve digestion, and enhance heart health.
- Dark chocolate contains antioxidants that can help protect your cells from damage and improve heart health.
How to Make the Cake
To make the crust, combine 1 cup of rolled oats, 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder, 2 tablespoons of maple syrup or unpasteurized honey, 1 cup of raw almonds, and 1/4 cup of almond milk in a food processor. Process until everything is well combined and the mixture is sticky. Transfer the mixture to a cake pan and press it down firmly and evenly with your hands.
To make the filling, combine 2 cups of organic smooth peanut butter, 3 large ripe bananas, 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract, 1/4 cup of maple syrup or unpasteurized honey, and 1/4 cup of coconut oil in a food processor. Process until everything is smooth and creamy. Transfer the mixture to the cake pan and spread it evenly with a spatula.
To make the topping, melt 1 cup of dark chocolate with 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a pan over low heat. Pour the mixture over the filling and spread it evenly. Freeze the cake for 4 to 6 hours.
Tips for Serving and Storing
Once the cake is ready to eat, take it out of the freezer and let it thaw for at least 15 minutes before slicing it. This will make it easier to cut and serve. You can also garnish the cake with fresh fruit or chopped nuts for extra flavor and texture.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 weeks. Simply thaw the cake before serving. You can also slice the cake into individual portions and freeze them separately for a quick and easy dessert option.
In conclusion, this no-bake peanut butter cake is a healthy and delicious dessert that’s easy to make and perfect for any occasion. With its wholesome ingredients and rich flavor, it’s sure to become a family favorite!